Justice for You

Hire an attorney who also rides. Dr. Bradshaw and our law firm have represented thousands of clients over the past several decades recovering thousands to millions of dollars per client. We have recovered more money for our clients than other lawyers under similar facts. Over 97% of our cases settle, but it is the few cases we try that often results in bigger settlements for our clients. The insurance companies know that we can and will try cases for our clients, with record verdicts in some cases, thus them paying our clients more money than they would pay other lawyers in similar cases. In some cases, we have even recovered more money than then insurance policy limits! In addition to that our fees start at 25% and never exceed 1/3. Compare that to lawyers who charge 36% to 40%. We can obtain more overall money in some cases, and combined with our lower fees, put much more money in our clients’ pockets, where it belongs! Client may be responsible for costs or expenses in some cases, but some states such as Washington always require the client to be responsible for costs/expenses.

Auto accidents are one of the leading causes of injury in the United States. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) data for 2016 shows 5,286 people were killed in motorcycle crashes, which is an average of 14 people per day. Even minor motorcycle accidents can cause very serious injuries. When you've been injured due to a motorcycle accident, hire an attorney who knows the laws, and also rides. Motorcycle accidents can be devastating. It can affect every aspect of your life, from your ability to work and care for your family. With the rising cost of medical care, treating those injuries can become expensive.


At the office of Brad Bradshaw, M.D., J.D., L.C., we are committed to helping people recover the lives they had before they were injured. We help our clients get the medical treatment they need, now and in the future, and make sure they are justly compensated for their financial losses. While we understand the best results for our clients are usually obtained without the necessity of a costly court trial, we are not afraid to take on the insurance companies and fight as hard and long as we need to obtain the outcome our clients deserve. Our experienced attorneys have tried cases all over Missouri, and Dr. Bradshaw's experience as a physician and surgeon puts him in a unique position to know exactly what our clients need to get back to the lives they had before they were injured, and we will work until that goal has been achieved. We have been working closely with our clients for over 20 years to help ease the stress that comes from being injured in a car accident. Don't wait, if you have been injured in an accident, call our office today.


There are strict time limits in which a claim for damages and personal injury can be brought against a negligent party. These time limits are often called "Statute of Limitations".  This means that after the incident you only have a certain amount of time in which to file a lawsuit. After that time, your right to file a claim is waived. These statutes vary from state to state and can vary depending on the circumstances of the claim. If you believe you may have a potential claim, you should seek the assistance of a qualified attorney as soon as possible.


If you have been injured in an accident, there are several important things you should always try to remember:

Immediately After the Accident:

  1. Make sure everyone is okay. Although there are probably many things going through your mind at this time, try to remain calm.

  2. Call 911 to get police and medical personnel on the scene if anyone is injured or in need of medical attention. If you feel that you have been injured, seek immediate medical attention.

  3. Don't leave the scene until the police have arrived and completed a written report. If the other driver tries to get you to take down their information and let them leave, don't do this; respectfully insist that they remain until the police arrive. If they leave anyway, make a note of the vehicle description, license plate number and a description of the individual driving.

  4. Take photos of your vehicle at the scene of the accident. Also try to get photos of the damage to any other vehicles involved in the accident before they are removed from the scene. Do not let the insurance company or the scrap yard take possession of the vehicle without first completely documenting all the property damage. If there is any debris in the roadway or skid marks, try to get photographs of these as well. If there was local news coverage of the accident, try to contact the TV station or newspaper to get copies of any photographs or footage they may have taken.

  5. Try to get the names, addresses and telephone numbers of any and all witnesses to the crash. These witnesses are not always available to wait around for the police to arrive, try to get this information yourself.

  6. Be completely honest when giving your report to the police officers. Try to remain calm and provide as much information as possible.

Always Seek Treatment for your Injuries

  1. Unless the impact was insignificant and resulted in only minor property damage (i.e. a scratch or scrap/small dent), you should seek medical attention. If you refuse treatment at the scene, then you should follow up after the accident at your local urgent care or emergency room as soon as possible. Report any injuries, even if you consider them to be only minor. Often times, due to the adrenaline that occurs during a stressful situation, some people do not always feel they have been injured. It is not until later, after that adrenaline has worn off, that they start to experience pain. Always err on the side of caution and at least get checked out.

  2. Take photographs of any visible injuries you sustained in the accident.

  3. Keep all of your medical appointments. Unless there is a really good reason, you should not skip your follow up medical appointments. Some injuries are not always apparent right away, so if you are seen in the emergency room or in urgent care and they tell you to follow up with someone within a certain amount of time, make sure you do so.

  4. Follow the advice given by your doctor, and the doctors in the emergency room or urgent care. If they tell you to rest and avoid strenuous activities, then that is what you should do. Failing to do so can only make your injuries worse. Your body does not respond the same as before you were injured.

  5. Keep track of any time you have to take off from work, including the dates and times. Make sure you keep copies of any notes given to you by your doctors excusing you from work for any period of time.

  6. Keep a written record of any other expenses relating to the accident. If you pay someone to assist you during your recovery, make sure you get a receipt or pay with a check. Having proof of these expenses will help make sure you get reimbursed for them.


Not keeping your medical appointments or failing to follow your doctor's advice will not only significantly hinder the healing process, but it can also have an impact on any compensation you might be entitled to. Insurance companies often try to reduce compensation for failing to do these things, calling it "failure to mitigate damages". This means they believe you did not do everything in your power to assist in your recovery or prevent further injury.

Do not give a recorded statement to the insurance company after the accident.

Do NOT sign any documents, releases or checks from the insurance company without first consulting with an attorney. Failure to do so can result in a waiver of any future recovery you may be entitled to.


Each state, and province in Canada, have separate laws for required insurance coverage. As an example of the difference, under Missouri's Motor Vehicle Financial Responsibility Law, the owner of a motor vehicle is required to have at least $25,000 in liability insurance for that vehicle, while in B.C., Canada a person is required to carry at least $200,000.

Although liability insurance is legally required to be carried for all vehicles, there are other types of insurance coverage available that can help protect you in case of an accident. It is recommended that you occasionally review your insurance policy to make sure you have all the coverage you need. Many people state they have "full coverage", but few of them understand what that coverage actually is. Just because you told your insurance agent you want full coverage, it does not mean you actually have all the coverage you need to protect yourself. Below is a list and brief description of the types of coverage available.

Basic Liability Coverage: 

This is the most common form of coverage and the only coverage required under Missouri law. With this type of insurance, the insurance company agrees to pay money to people who are harmed by the negligent acts of their clients. There are usually 2 different amounts: a maximum dollar amount they will pay to any one person; and, a total dollar amount they will pay to all persons involved in any one incident. This can be a problem because these minimum amounts are not always sufficient to satisfy the needs of the injured party or parties.

Under-insured Motorist Coverage:

Underinsured motorist coverage is an option on most insurance policies. This protects you in the event that the person who hits you, the liable (at-fault) party, does not have enough insurance to pay for your damages. If you have this coverage, you may be entitled to collect additional compensation from your own insurance company for your injuries after you have collected from the liable party. Please read your policy carefully as many policies specify that your liability limits under this coverage must be more than the limits carried by the liable party. This insurance is generally defined as excess or secondary, which means that all other applicable liability coverage must be exhausted before you can collect under this provision.

Uninsured Motorist Coverage: 

Uninsured motorist coverage protects you in the event that the person who hits you, the liable (at-fault) party, does not have any insurance. In some cases, depending on how your policy is written, you may also be covered in the event of a hit-and-run type accident if the police are unable to locate the responsible party. Please check your insurance policy carefully to determine if you have this coverage, and if so, what limits of liability you carry.

Medical Payments Coverage:

Medical payments coverage is an optional coverage on your automobile insurance that pays for medical treatment that is necessary as a result of injury. This coverage is extremely important; generally, it does not matter who is at fault in a wreck for this coverage to apply. Regardless of whether you are rear-ended by someone at a stop sign or you lose control of your vehicle and end up in a ditch, if you are injured this coverage may pay for your medical bills. Many people are unaware of what this coverage actually does, and they only carry one to five thousand dollars coverage. This coverage is generally inexpensive and with some companies you can obtain up to $100,000 worth of coverage. Another important feature of this coverage is that they generally have no right of subrogation. This means that regardless of whether your medical bills have been paid by your health insurance company or not, you can get compensation based on the total amount of your medical bills, NOT just the bills that are unpaid.


Collision Coverage: 

This type of coverage guarantees that YOUR insurance company will repair or replace your vehicle in the event of an accident. If your vehicle is financed, your loan company will most likely require you to carry this type of insurance. Without collision coverage, your insurance company is not required to pay for repairs for any damage to your vehicle, and if the accident is your fault, you could end up having to pay for those repairs yourself.

Comprehensive Coverage: This type of coverage protects your vehicle if it suffers damage due to something other than a collision, like a storm or vandalism. Without this type of coverage, your insurance company is not required to pay for damage from things like hail storms, tornadoes, etc.

"Gap" Coverage:

If your car has been totaled in an accident, the insurance company (either yours or the responsible party's) is only required to pay what is considered the "fair market value" for your vehicle. If your vehicle is financed, this amount may be different from what you still owe on the loan. Even if your vehicle is totaled, you are still responsible for the outstanding balance of the loan. Gap coverage is intended to cover the difference between the amount you still owe on your car loan and the value of your vehicle at the time it is totaled. This type of coverage can be purchased either from your insurance company or directly through the auto financing company.